Get in shape while having fun at the Pelican Athletic Club, located at 1170 Meadowbrook Blvd., Mandeville, LA 70471! Pelican is much more than a gym, it’s a full-service health club whose mission
5 Reasons You Should Not For Sale By Owner
Spring is here and the selling market is hot. Thinking of putting your house on the market? There are several reasons why it isn't a good idea to for sale by owner (FSBO) and instead list your home with an agent.
1. Negotiating: There are many people you will need to negotiate with when it comes to selling your home. There are potential buyers, the buyer's agent looking out for the buyer's best interest, attorney/title company, home inspector, & appraiser. There could potentially be many more people involved in the transaction. It can become an overwhelming task.
2. Internet Exposure: Most buyers looking for homes look on the internet first. Is your home exposed to a wide audience? Do your home's pictures show your home in it's best condition? Most buyers will take one look at a picture and then move on if it doesn't look good online. You want your home to look it's best from the beginning. First impressions are everything.
3. Results/Time: When you sell your home FSBO you don't have anyone representing you. If someone wants to view the home you must be there to show it. If you are a busy person this can be difficult and time consuming. If you have children or pets it can be difficult to keep your house clean especially for last minute appointments. If you have to cancel an appointment it could mean a missed opportunity at a contract. If you work with an agent you will not have to worry because they will work for you.
4. It's Becoming More & More Difficult: There is more paperwork involved now in buying and selling a home because of regulations and disclosures. Our industry is constantly changing which is why agents are required to take CE classes to stay on top of current rules/regulations. Selling a home is one of the biggest things you will do & it is not worth the risk of making a mistake because of paperwork. The percentage of people selling their home FSBO has decreased from 19% to 9% over the last 20 years.
5. Saving Money: Most people decide to FSBO instead of using an agent because they think it will save them money. Buyers look at FSBO's because they too think they can get a deal and save money. The seller and buyer can't both save money. Studies have shown that FSBO's typically take longer to sell and sell for less money than when listed with an agent.
Libby is a proud mother of three children and currently resides on the Northshore in Mandeville. She was born and raised in Southern California and has personally moved several times with her family s....